BFA Strategic Planning
Thank you for visiting Business and Financial Affairs’ (BFA) strategic planning website. Our divisional mission is to serve Western in its core mission and strategic plan through the delivery of excellent services.
Our strategic plan spans six fiscal years from 2019 until 2025. It involves the contributions of numerous BFA staff. Every BFA team member was given the opportunity to share their ideas through town hall work sessions, helping to connect what they do with the University’s aspirational goals. We are grateful to the many people across our division for contributing to this plan.
We deliver excellent service that people recognize.
To support Western’s Strategic Plan through the delivery of Business and Financial Affairs services.
- Partner with our Western community in planning and implementing changes in support of Western’s 2025 vision
- Communicate effectively with our Western community
- Support Western’s goals for diversity, inclusion, and sustainability
- Develop, support, and empower Business and Financial Affairs teams and staff to achieve excellence status
- Continually improve and innovate business practices and systems
BFA's Strategic Plan
BFA 2019-2025 Strategic Plan navigates how our departments and the entire division are addressing the division's strategic priorities. Below is the plan, as well as an overview of the divisional and departmental initiatives, with links to supporting documents.
Implementation of the approved initiatives is underway across the division. There are four BFA initiatives that are shared by all departments, and comprised of staff from all levels and departments in the division: Growth; Communications; Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI); and Empower to Engage.
BFA Strategic Plan Archive
BFA’s strategic planning process was thorough, inclusive, and efficient. Interactive sessions involving all staff division-wide helped inform the plan's content. All departments worked with their staff, gathering input on their situational assessments, and helping to connect what people do with the University's wider aspirational goals. Further sessions were held at the end of the process to hear about the final approved plans.
Below are links to the final BFA and departmental SCOT assessments, the UPRC presentation, and work from the BFA Managers/Directors Retreat in November 2018.
BFA Strategic Planning Documents
The following BFA Strategic Planning documents formulate the management strategies for the division and its departments:
- 2015 Mission, Vision and Strategic Objectives - approved February 19, 2015
- 2015 SCOT Assessment - approved February 19, 2015
- Six-Year Plan and Initiatives (By Department) - approved June 22, 2015
- Departmental Responses to Key Listening Session "Challenges"
- Strategic Plan Review and Renewal Process - Overview
- Strategic Plan Review and Renewal Process - Timeline